Friday, May 19, 2017
Control your Blood Pressure
I've decided to write this blog today because of a dear friend of mine fainted while on a plane, hospitalized and blood pressure was 180/110! ( travels for work).
5 Simple Steps to Control Your BLOOD PRESSURE.
1. Know your numbers: Most people diagnosed with HBP want to stay below 140/90, but your doctor can tell you your personal target blood pressure.
2. Make a Plan: Work with your doctor to make a plan to lower your blood pressure.
3. Make a few lifestyle changes: Loose weight. Eat healthier (fruit, veggies, low fat dairy & lean protein, but lower your saturated and total fat). Reduce sodium ( stay under 1500 mg/ day). Get active. Limit alcohol.
4. Keep checking your blood pressure at home. ( it is wise to purchase a b/p apparatus to track your readings).
5. Take medication as Prescribed ‼️‼️‼️‼️ ( do not miss taking your blood pressure meds).
High blood pressure can be fatal, it is so hard to recover 100% after a massive stroke, so it's IMPORTANT to know your b/p reading and you can keep things under control.
American HEART Association. American STROKE Association.
Retired Registered Nurse